[MPlayer-users] RFE: GreedyH for MPlayer

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 13:05:39 CET 2009

Hello,

of course, interlacing is a horrible thing and an eternal pain, but
xine-lib with its deinterlacing filters from dscaler, namely GreedyH,
achieves astonishingly good results at a moderate CPU load deinterlacing
DVB-T and DVD MPEG2 streams. IMVHO, MPlayer and especially Mencoder
would benefit a lot from implementing this particular algorithm.

I have no idea, how much work this would require, but from my very
limited point of view as a MPlayer user it would be the second-best
thing after a worldwide ban on interlacing as such ;-)

--
Regards

Ilja