[MPlayer-users] AMD Xv Acceleration

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:40:17 CET 2009

Nikos Chantziaras pisze:

> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_xvmc_xvba&num=1
>
> I can configure mplayer with:
>
>    --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=AMDXvBA
>
> If I have AMD Catalyst >= 8.10 (I am testing 8.12 currently.)  However,
> it doesn't seem to do anything.  ./configure tells me:
>
>    Checking for XvMC ... yes (using XvMCW)
>
> It's still picking up XvMCW and the resulting build refuses to work with
> the xvmc output.  Am I missing something?  I first tried mplayer
> 1.0_rc2_p28058 (from Gentoo) and then the current source snapshot from
> the official site.  Am I missing something?

Yes. You missing manual.
According to it whenever you use option "--enable-function" you're
asking for trouble. When you do that configuration script ommit to check
whatever it is possible to use it or not and happily turn it ON even if
you don't have working library and dev files.
So, if you want to properly compile it you must do configure without
"--enable-xvmc" and inlude "--with-xvmclib" with proper full path to
this library, not its name only.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/