[MPlayer-users] AMD Xv Acceleration

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Jan 3 21:24:19 CET 2009

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:06:27PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> If I have AMD Catalyst >= 8.10 (I am testing 8.12 currently.)  However,
>> it doesn't seem to do anything.  ./configure tells me:
>>
>>    Checking for XvMC ... yes (using XvMCW)
>
> configure.log is the right place to check. It says:
> ld: cannot find -lAMDXvBA
>
> Probably because there is no libAMDXvBA.so but only libAMDXvBA.so.1

Gah, I feel stupid enough to not having looked at configure.log in the
first place :P  That was the problem.  After fixing it with a ln -s, I
get this:

   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRICreateDrawable'
   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRIAuthConnection'
   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRICloseConnection'
   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRICreateContext'
   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRIGetDeviceInfo'
   libAMDXvBA.so: undefined reference to `XF86DRIOpenConnection'

So I guess I have the wrong version of something.  This is of course not
an mplayer problem.  I'll bug someone at Phoronix about it :)