[MPlayer-users] writing video and audio file to one or two fifo

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 06:36:08 CET 2009

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 03:08:07 +0100
Pierpaolo gullˆa <sviluppo at audiias.com> wrote:

>  I don't know how to take two sources with mencoder)

See:  -audiofile

> ffmpeg -f wav -i /root/audio.wav -f yuv4mpegpipe -i /root/stream.yuv
> ciao.mpg
>
> Nothing appened!

A common problem with fifos, as they don't do any buffering...  The
sending and receiving app aren't in-sync regarding how much video/audio
they input/output.

> How I can send the output of video files in one or two fifo with
> mplayer?

You can either make one (eg: audio) a real file, or you can run
two separate instances of mplayer...  One outputting audio to a fifo, no
video, and the second outputting video to a fifo, no audio.

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!