[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 11 13:50:18 CET 2009

Derek C <derekmplayer <at> hssl.ie> writes:

> It's not playing with the "-demuxer lavf" switch:  mplayer gives up saying
> "LAVF: no audio or video headers found - broken file?" (more output below)
>
> Maybe this is due to my currently mistake with the channels.conf
> MPEG2/H264 botch as noted by Nico?  I'd better see if I can work that one
> out first.

You have to: -demuxer lavf is the solution to your A/V sync problem: It
activates -correct-pts (that does not work with -demuxer mpeg*).
Note that the problem is known and that no additional samples are needed:
http://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/issue475

> (actually I'll put my existing channels.conf below also).  I'm
> not sure what I should modify in my channels.conf to [help] identify the
> codec (I only ever concerned myself about the video/audio ids with DVB-S
> and DVB-T up to now).

1101 (and 1102-1104) is the video stream, you have to add the PMT:
If 999 would be PMT, the line should be "...HIERARCHY_AUTO:1101+999:1201.."

Please note that top-posting is considered offensive on this mailing list!

Carl Eugen