[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Derek C derekmplayer at hssl.ie
Mon Jan 12 11:29:47 CET 2009

Hi again Nico,

> the easiest way is to add +8192 to the audio or video pids section and to
> use TAB to change program; the other solution is to revive a patch to
> "scan" that I sent to linux-dvb at linuxtv.org long ago
> and that, like many other things in that funny list, was buried to
> /dev/null

It's a pity that mplayer doesn't output to the console what the PMT is for
the channel when tab is used to move between the channels - it would be a
handy way to correctly identify the channel's PMT id.

I still don't understand why with "normal" DVB (MPEG2 on DVB-T or DVB-S)
only a video PID and audio PID is needed but with H264 another PID [PMT]
is additionally required.

Added "+8192" to the video PID does work *but* I notice now (as I've added
this to all channels here) really mplayer is always receiving all the
channels in the multiplex and just decoding the first one (like its
ignoring the video PID in the first place).  This is not a big surprise to
be sure because you did describe 8192 as doing just this.

I still don't know the correct channel PMT ids.

I'll have to go look for your scan patch maybe and see if the dvb-utils
scan is clever enough to find the PMT ids for me...

Derek

--
Derek C
In Ireland