[MPlayer-users] MSS2 on a Mac

Kichigai Mentat kichigaimentat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:59:46 CET 2009

Evening Afternoon all. So my sister has run into a minor issue with her Mac.
A professor is sending her screencasts using WMV files with the MSS2 codec.
Now, there doesn't seem to be anything that can play an MSS2-armed video in
OS X, but apparently there is a DirectShow filter for it that would do the
trick. I know that at least in Linux one can install DirectShow filters for
use with MPlayer, but is this viable in OS X?

Thank you for any advice you can render!