[MPlayer-users] Mplayer, Linux and BlueFish444 SD|Lite Pro

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jan 15 12:12:57 CET 2009

Hello,
I would appreciate if you could add a few line-breaks to your emails.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:47:27PM -0500, Matt Christy wrote:
> I have purchased and built a SuperMicro server with a BlueFish444 SD|Lite Pro card.
> We have read the documentation on Mplayer in regards to driver support for using –vo switch options (from the command line), but we (the software developer and I) are not too clear on how we use the DVB Card/Hardware in conjunction with mplayer (e.g., stream an MPEG-2 out of the card using Mplayer).

Well, we have no idea what kind of drivers there are available for your
card.
This page http://www.bluefish444.com/products/oem/sdk.asp
says something about "V4L2 support" but it is unclear if that is only
for the capture or also for the output products.
There is a -vo v4l2 that should work with -vc mpegpes when using MPEG-2
sources, though I have not tested myself.
They also seems to have an SDK that would probably allow you to write
your own MPlayer vo, but since the SDK is not public I can not tell for
sure.
Also, since the SDK is probably not under a GPL-compatible license you would not
be allowed to distribute a compiled version of MPlayer with this outside
your own company (and the other way round an external developer would
not be allowed to provide you with precompiled binaries).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger