[MPlayer-users] Unable to play DVDs because --disable-dvdnav has no effect!!

Jan Schiefer cheaterjs at gmx.de
Sat Jan 17 20:35:37 CET 2009

Hello mplayer developers,

in order to play most of my DVDs I have to *disable* libdvdnav, because
most of them have been shipped with a broken filesystem. This is no
problem, since libdvdcss can play them just fine.

There was no problem before libdvdnav was included in mplayer svn,
because I just didn't install it on my system.
However since libdvdnav has been included, even when I do ./configure
[blah] --disable-libdvdnav libdvdnav is always compiled into mplayer and
  is used by libdvdcss:

$ mplayer dvd://

MPlayer dev-SVN-r28339-4.2.4 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7250  @ 2.00GHz (Family: 6, Model:
15, Stepping: 13)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing dvd://.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!
No stream found to handle url dvd://

Please fix this because mplayer and mencoder are my *favourite* video tools!

Greetings,
Jan Schiefer!