[MPlayer-users] Help to play HD mkv+dst smooth

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 18 13:14:55 CET 2009

Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> sample -> band.of.brothers.2001.e01.currahee.1080p.hddvd.x264.sample-hv.mkv
>
> I tried to play with
>
> mplayer -ao alsa -vo xv -> less choppy but unwatchable on battle scenes
> mplayer -ao alsa:device=surround51  -vo xv -channels 6 -> completely
> unwatchable
>
> my machine:
> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6700  @ 2.66GHz

The sample works for me (on E8400) without problems with:
-demuxer lavf / -demuxer mkv
-channels 2 / -channels 6
-ac ffdca /-ac dts
(and a combination of these options)
(it does not work well with vdpau, I'll investigate this)

Are you sure your CPU is fast enough? You do know that the decoder is only using
one core? What does top say?
Did you try
-lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (a bit faster, no difference should be visible)
-lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=bidir (much faster, difference visible)
?

Carl Eugen