[MPlayer-users] update of mplayer mingw32 binary ?

Adam Seychell a_seychell at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 18 23:24:52 CET 2009

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Adam Seychell <a_seychell at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> Is there any reason why the official mingw32 binary releases of mplayer
>> have not been updated since 01-Dec-2007 ?
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32
>
> That's because no one volunteered to maintain them. Are you
> volunteering to do that job?

If only I was able to compile a mingw32 version. So far I've spent two
weeks compiling mplayer under cygwin. After fiddling around with obscure
bugs that that only seem to be present on my install, I still cannot get
mplayer/mencoder fully working (subtitles in VOB's not displayed, and
segment faults with the debug option disabled !). See my previous posts.
I'll give mingw32 a try when I get some time, and if it works I'll be
happy to upload new Win32 binary package from time to time.

I just checked,
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32
is available for anonymous login, so I know where to go.