[MPlayer-users] Piping mplayer output while displaying to -vo device

Jesse L. Zamora xtremek2008 at aim.com
Wed Jan 21 01:01:42 CET 2009

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 01:32:33 Oliver Seitz wrote:

> Yes. In most cases when this question comes up, one suggests to record the
> stream with mplayer and do not play the stream but the recording. Like
>
> mplayer $1 -dumpstream -dumpfile record.mplayer &
> sleep 10
> mplayer record.mplayer

But doesn't that delay playback quite a bit? And also, while trying to
playback the recorded stream with mplayer, it just exits saying "Exiting...
(End of File)". I wonder if there couldn't be an mplayer option that functions
to copy the output to a pipe, such as "--copy-output /tmp/mypipe" or
something?

Thanks,
Xtreme Kommander