[MPlayer-users] two mplayer process crash,

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Jul 9 06:31:21 CEST 2009

>  hi~    i open two mplayer process, and playe two media files at the same
> time, one avi, another wmv,
>  after about one hours, the machine crashed,

It's not the current version of mplayer, but on 250 machines I manage
there are two instances of mplayer running, embedded in firefox. Those
mplayers are restarted every few minutes, so it's not exactly your
scenario, but the machines are running 10-12 hours a day for over half a
year now, and there are very few crashes reported. Therefore I would doubt
that mplayer is causing the crashes.

Greets,
Kiste

Ps.: Ah, and dear Mr. Hofer, from Frankfurt, Germany. I know by now that
you're on holiday. And thanks for the gigabytes your attached picture
loads on the mail servers. If I ever was interested in that picture, I
surely hadn't found it on Google.