[MPlayer-users] Compile error on FreeBSD

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 9 15:56:56 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:34:26PM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
> I now tried again on a fresh, clean FreeBSD 7.1 x86(32).
>
> This looks more like an error to me...

[...]
> libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a
> libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a libswscale/libswscale.a
> -Wl,-z,noexecstack  -L/usr/local/lib -ffast-math  -liconv -lncurses -lz
> -lbz2 -lpthread  -rdynamic  -lm
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(iirfilter.o)(.text+0x2a8): In function
> `ff_iir_filter_init_coeffs':
> : undefined reference to `cexp'
> gmake: *** [mplayer] Error 1

Or you could call it bad luck. FFmpeg's just recently added AAC encoder requires
C99 feature that FreeBSD does not have.
The encoder i disabled for now, so after an update an reconfigure this issue should
be gone (and congratulations, judging by how far it got, the problem you previously
had should be gone - though I really think things should be working on 64 bit FreeBSD, too).