[MPlayer-users] Too many video packets in the buffer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jul 15 12:02:19 CEST 2009

Geoffrey Leach <geoff <at> hughes.net> writes:

> In addition to X11, gl and gl2 produced video, so I'll be trying these.
>
> Question: should any of the other drivers work on my environment (to
> Sony LCD via HDMI)? Should any of them be better choices, assuming that
> I could get them running?

Imo, everything except gl, xv and vdpau (and the other hardware-specific vo's)
is for testing/historical purposes only.

To get xv, you need to install something like "libxv-devel" (depending on your
distribution), vdpau works if you have a Geforce8 or Geforce9 graphic card and
the Nvidia binary drivers: It offers de-interlacing and hardware accelerated
decoding of MPEG1/2, H264 and VC1.

Carl Eugen