[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles and transparency

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:21:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:45:43 +0200
Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

> > mplayer -fs -slang pt dvdnav:// -dvd-device FOLDER
> >
> > 	The problem is:
> >
> > 1) the subtitles doesn't appear automatically, unless I cycle
> > through all of them until I reach the one I want (in this case
> > "pt"). And as side-effect, everytime the DVD changes chapter, I
> > have to select manually again the subtitle
>
> use -slang or -sid

	But I used it (and I tried -sid too), as you can see in my
previous example above.

	The only way to make subtitles work without selecting by hand is
to use dvd:// instead of dvdnav://... So I assume dvdnav has some bug.
Try to run some dvd using:

mplayer -slang <language> dvdnav://

	Select some scene and the subtitle won't appear until you cycle
through them.

--
Linux 2.6.30: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity