[MPlayer-users] Interpretation of AUDIO: in log

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jul 25 01:37:38 CEST 2009

Geoffrey Leach <geoff <at> hughes.net> writes:

> In my quest to figure out why my audio is leading the video, I'd
> appreciate someone giving (or pointing to!) an interpretation of this
> line in the mplayer log:
>
> AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 448.0 kbit/29.17% (ratio: 56000->192000)

sampling rate, number of channels, raw encoding type (signed 16 bit little
endian), bitrate

Risking to repeat myself:
If you have a problem with mplayer (like for example video playing too slow or
audio constantly leading the video), please explain your problem in simple words
(not everybody is a native speaker) and post complete, uncut output of your call
to mplayer - remove lines that are repeated very often.

Carl Eugen