[MPlayer-users] audio leads video

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sun Jul 26 23:20:59 CEST 2009

On 07/25/2009 05:27:29 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Geoffrey Leach <geoff <at> hughes.net> writes:
>
> > On 07/25/2009 04:41:09 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > mplayer -noconfig all -vc ffmpeg12vdpau foo.mp2
>
> Any reason why you did not try this one?
> And is there a reason why you added -vo vdpau to some tests? (It
> should be used
> automatically.) You could of course also test -vo xv and -vo gl:yuv=2
> compare. On my system, vdpau, vx and gl:yuv=2 are approximately the
> same,
> performance-wise (and they never need 79% CPU).

Hmmm ... The omission (and other stuff) was the result of confusion on
my part. Retest. Results here are from playing a 5 minute clip to the
end on all 3 tests, plus my "current best guess" options. The "Top" is
an order-of-magnitude CPU %. Dropped numbers are from the last status
line.

mplayer -noconfig all foo.mp2
    dropped 4054
    top 60
mplayer -noconfig all -demuxer lavf foo.mp2
    dropped 4119
    top 60
mplayer -noconfig all -vc ffmpeg12vdpau foo.mp2
    dropped 4072
    top 40
mplayer -noconfig all -ao alsa::device=hw=0.3 -vc ffmpeg2 -vo vdpau
foo.mp2
    dropped 2215
    top 40