[MPlayer-users] Screen not redrawing when zooming

Matt Laird lairdm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 06:13:41 CEST 2009

Good day, hopefully a quit question, I'm trying to play an mkv.  I
think I've found settings that work for my system (so that the video
can keep up and not go out of sync)

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo x11 -lavdopts
threads=2:fast:skiploopfilter=all -sws 0

(if I'm doing something wrong there, I welcome feedback)

Anyhow, the problem is when mplayer zooms, which it does properly to
the 4:3 aspect ratio of the mkv I'm trying to play, it doesn't refresh
the screen first.  So the first frame of the mkv which was occupying
the entire screen remains where the black picture box bars should be
at the top and bottom.

If I hit f twice to jump in and out of full screen that clears up the
problem and I get the proper black bars sandwiching the screen, but
it'd be nice to find an option that would make it properly refresh the
screen when zooming to the proper aspect ratio.

Are there any options to fix this issue?

Thanks.