[MPlayer-users] Query about H.264 Streaming

Ganesh V ganesh_vijayan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 11:26:16 CEST 2009

Dear Experts,

I am trying to play a RTSP stream coming over a network which has only a video sub-stream without any audio. I am using Livemedia as the streaming solution and have built my application over that.

While trying to run, I found that mPlayer was crashing whenever any element of "avctx" part of MpegEncContext is accessed inside h264.c. To overcome this, I disabled FF_DEBUG_PICT_INFO (by setting it to ZERO). With this fix, mPlayer works fine. From whatever I debugged, avctx was allocated memory in "init" function in vd_ffmpeg.c, but isn't available in h264.c.

Is this is a known issue or have I missed something?

Thanks,
Ganesh