[MPlayer-users] Keyboard control not displayed (was: Video not seen)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:18:37 CEST 2009

Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> writes:

> Then do:
> sudo apt-get install xsever-xorg-dev libxv-dev
>
> and compile MPlayer again

Thanks, this worked: `server' of course, not `sever'.  Now video is seen.
Only, when I use keystrokes like 9,0 (volume) or `o' (to see the video time),
or others, I don't see the effect of the keystroke displayed, whereas I want
to.  How can I enable this feature?

And, one more thing: at this web site:

 http://www.nepherte.be/howto-enable-dvd-menus-in-mplayer

it is explained to enable dvd menus: first install libdvdnav-4.1.3.tar.bz2 and
then configure mplayer with

 `./configure --disable-dvdread-internal --enable-dvdnav'

I did so, but dvd menu is not visible.  But I'll start a new thread about this.

Rodolfo