[MPlayer-users] Can anyone confirm this? (Desync when encoding with yadif=1)

Zhou Zongyi zhouzongyi at pset.suntec.net
Tue Jun 9 08:24:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:37:50 +0400
Alexander Shaduri <ashaduri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I sent a similar email to this list a several months ago, but got no reply.
> Can anyone at least confirm this issue please?

You should send this to mplayer-dev-eng list because it is a bug in mencoder.

Yadif needs to buffer one frame but IIRC mencoder requires one frame in one frame out,
acting in a way similar to the crappy M$ vfw.

N buffered frames in either filter chain or encoder means N junk frames.

Regard,

Zhou Zongyi