[MPlayer-users] Can anyone confirm this? (Desync when encoding with yadif=1)

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:41:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:24:53 +0800
Zhou Zongyi <zhouzongyi at pset.suntec.net> wrote:

> Yadif needs to buffer one frame but IIRC mencoder requires one frame in one frame out,
> acting in a way similar to the crappy M$ vfw.
>
> N buffered frames in either filter chain or encoder means N junk frames.

Are you sure this is the issue?
150ms sounds a lot more than one frame.
Also, see my original message about -mc 0 with re-encoding the audio,
there is no desync there (but using -mc 0 is highly unwelcome).

It seems that this issue is caused by mplayer's auto-sync feature
getting in the way of mencoder.

The junk frames I was refering to in my original message are
just a side effect from using -(audio-)delay workaround.

Thanks,
Alexander