[MPlayer-users] playing dvd from nfs mounted dvd

Heine Laursen zannvip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 02:55:40 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 02:44:51AM +0200, Heine Laursen wrote:
>> Hi. Is it possebll to play a dvd disk from a dvd drive mounted over nfs?
>> This is the result I'm getting when I try:
>> mplayer -dvd-device /mnt/nfs/ dvd://1
>> MPlayer dev-SVN-r29170mplayer: could not connect to socket
>> mplayer: No such file or directory
>> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
>> control.
>>
>> Playing dvd://1.
>> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
>> libdvdread: Attempting to use device 192.168.0.3:/cdrom mounted on
>> /mnt/nfs for CSS authentication
>> libdvdread: Could not open 192.168.0.3:/cdrom with libdvdcss.
>> libdvdread: Can't open 192.168.0.3:/cdrom for reading
>> libdvdread: Device 192.168.0.3:/cdrom inaccessible, CSS authentication
>> not available.
> [...]
>> My nfs mount options is simpley (ro)
>> Any suggestion as how to get this to work?
>
> Not possible like this, CSS decryption is only available for image files
> since there needs to be a UDF filesystem.
> You might be able to either use a fuse driver that does the CSS
> decryption on the server side or you make /dev/dvd directly available
> via NFS.
Any suggestions how to make my dvd avalible from /dev/*

My attempts from the nfs server:
exportfs: /etc/exports [4]: Neither 'subtree_check' or
'no_subtree_check' specified for export
"192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0:/dev/cdrom".
  Assuming default behaviour ('subtree_check').
  NOTE: this default will change with nfs-utils version 1.1.0
exportfs: /etc/exports [5]: Neither 'subtree_check' or
'no_subtree_check' specified for export
"192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0:/dev/hdc".
  Assuming default behaviour ('subtree_check').
  NOTE: this default will change with nfs-utils version 1.1.0
exportfs: duplicated export entries:
exportfs:       192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0:/dev/hdc
exportfs:       192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0:/dev/hdc

Note /dev/cdrom is a symlink to hdc.
hdc is a dvd drive (actually dvd burner)

client side:
mount 192.168.0.3:/dev/cdrom /mnt/nfs/
mount.nfs: Stale NFS file handle

mount 192.168.0.3:/dev/hdc /mnt/nfs/
mount.nfs: Stale NFS file handle

I'm sorry if this is out of topic from mplayer-users.
If this is the case, please point me in the right direction and I will
cuntinue pursuing what, at this time seems impossible :-)