[MPlayer-users] Bug in configure (latest svn)

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:25:53 CEST 2009

I downloaded latest svn version and during configure I found this bug:
X11/Xext.h: No such file or directory.
This required the following:

in file configure, line 7803, change
#include <X11/Xext.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xext.h>

Also, in spite of setting  --libdir=/usr/lib64, and setting
extra_ld_flags=-L/usr/lib64 and in spite of
exporting shell variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64:/usr/lib64,
configure tries to link with 32 bit libs in /usr/lib.

The configure script, and therefor the resulting makefiles,
is not intelligent enough to know about linux versions that still have
/lib and /usr/lib for 32 bit libraries,
and
/lib64 and /usr/lib64 for 64 bit libraries.

Regards,

JD