[MPlayer-users] Mplayer compile error .. libmpdemux

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:23:30 CEST 2009

> Top-posting is unusual on this list.

Evey list is different, and as I havn't been on this list before, I guess I
had a 50:50 chance of getting it right ;-) ..... my bad ...

> The qoute mentions vx and alsa configure issues, those may be solved by
> installing (examples for Ubuntu)
>
> libasound2-dev (alsa-development) and
> libxv-dev (xv-development)

Thanks, that helps.

> Probably this will just answer one of your questions. I'm sorry that
> you're bothered with solutions to part of your problems, I hope that
> someone will soon be answering all your questions in detail.

Not bothered at all. Just stating a fact, although the part solutions help
me understand how to include the extras, it doesn't solve the original issue
.... i.e they are no use if I can't compile mplayer  ... ;-)

Thanks for the help.
Bernie