[MPlayer-users] Problem with slave mode 'pausing loadlist...' followed by 'pt_step'

Matthew Robinson mpr90 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 08:12:53 CET 2009

Hello,

I am using mplayer in slave mode and am trying to load a playlist without playing the first item and then seek to a particular track to begin playback. For this, I am using the following slave mode commands:

pausing loadlist path_to_playlist_file
pt_step 2
pause

However, it appears that most of the time (although not always) mplayer crashes after the pt_step command. If I follow the pausing... line with a pause command (to start playback), the player does not crash when I execute the pt_step.

I have downloaded the latest code from subversion and built it under Windows (Vista x64) using MSYS and MINGW, as well as tried the 1.0rc2 version.

Any help would be appreciated before I break out the debugger :)

--Matthew.