[MPlayer-users] svn MPlayer + VDPAU = ???

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:28:30 CET 2009

2009/3/11 Goga777 <goga777 at bk.ru>:
> Hi
>
> can somebody confirm that svn MPlayer works well with vdpau nvidia cards ?
> is it necessary to take any special actions for it ?

I've been using it for a little while now and it works great in my
experience.  Even better then xine-vdpau in some cases!  My current
setup is VDR-1.7.4, xine-vdpau r247, xine-0.9.1, mplayer svn r28736.

Here's my mplayer.sh script I use:

#!/bin/sh

CMDLINE="$mplayer -fs -vo vdpau -vc
ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau, -ao alsa -cache 4096
-slave -v -noconfig all -idx"
sudo DISPLAY=:0.0 $CMDLINE "$1" &>/logs/mplayer.log