[MPlayer-users] the Export Audio Filter

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Mar 14 09:56:05 CET 2009

>> It's signed 16bit int, not unsigned. See if it makes more sense. Left
>> and right channel interleaved.
>
> ok that is helpful, but can you describe what the '16bit int' is? So it
> has a range of -32768 to 32768 what is that telling me? Sorry for being
> dense.

In all implementations of signed binary integer numbers I know of, the
zero is assumed a positive number with no negative couterpart, so the
range of a signed 16bit number is -32768 to 32767. But I'm afraid this is
not a MPlayer specific issue but common sense since before the 1950s, so
this is probably not the right mailing list for that type of question.

Greets,
Kiste