[MPlayer-users] Play problems

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sun Mar 15 17:51:42 CET 2009

This is 1.0RC2, under Mandriva 2009 Linux.  System is an Athlon 64 X2 4850
energ efficient, with a built-in ATI video card) not fast enough for 3D
work but fast enough to play files)

The file I am playing is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TJJEAZ3 (Shinkenger
fansub #2).

Problems are:
1) Playing this as is (using -sid 0) produces a strange effect where the
sound loses sync after a while, and if you have an onscreen display and
try to skip using the right arrow you can see that it thinks the file is
around two minutes long and after the two minutes is when it loses sync (and
falsely claims my system is too slow to play it).  This bug is common on
fansub files.
2) The usual workaround for this bug is to use -demuxer lavf to play it
with ffmpeg.  This works, but for some reason I'm now offset by three seconds.
(Playing it without -demuxer lavf has the other problems, but no three
second offset.)