[MPlayer-users] Play problems

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Mon Mar 16 13:03:18 CET 2009

Ken Arromdee wrote:
> This is 1.0RC2, under Mandriva 2009 Linux.  System is an Athlon 64 X2 4850
> energ efficient, with a built-in ATI video card) not fast enough for 3D
> work but fast enough to play files)
>
> The file I am playing is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TJJEAZ3 (Shinkenger
> fansub #2).
>
> Problems are:
> 1) Playing this as is (using -sid 0) produces a strange effect where the
> sound loses sync after a while, and if you have an onscreen display and
> try to skip using the right arrow you can see that it thinks the file is
> around two minutes long and after the two minutes is when it loses sync (and
> falsely claims my system is too slow to play it).  This bug is common on
> fansub files.
> 2) The usual workaround for this bug is to use -demuxer lavf to play it
> with ffmpeg.  This works, but for some reason I'm now offset by three seconds.
> (Playing it without -demuxer lavf has the other problems, but no three
> second offset.)
mediainfo -f [T-N]Samurai_Sentai_Shinkenger_02_HD[CC9DD25C].mp4

states:
Video  24mn 57s 997ms
Audio  24mn 54s 421ms

So audio is 3.576 shorter.

The timer on screen goes from 7:30 - 7.58, so 28min, instead of almost
25min.

I think in the transcoding something went wrong, the fps info in the
file says 23.97, any idea what the original was ?

You could experiment with:

MP4Box -tmp enough-room-partition -add source.mp4#trackID=1 -delay
1=3500 -add source.mp4#trackID=2 result.mp4

Or have a look at:

http://howto-pages.org/ffmpeg/#delay

Henk Schoneveld

BTW. playing it on an PopCornHour hardware player has the same sync
problems.