[MPlayer-users] **** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 19 11:51:42 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:42:46AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
>
> > As already said, you should absolutely stay with -vo xv or -vo gl:yuv=2 (not:
> > -vo gl, that is always slower)
>
> Sorry, I meant -vo gl is always slower than -vo gl:yuv=2 on modern graphic
> cards, but only by a tiny amount difficult to measure on a fast computer.

You are missing that -vo gl is probably using software emulation, do
:yuv=2 will probably not work at all and generally it will be slow.
-vo x11 is most likely to work acceptably, but usually it is not worth
bothering to try to play video of you have neither of vidix, xv or
hardware-accelerated, direct OpenGL working.