[MPlayer-users] mpeg-ts demuxer to use v/a-ids from channels.conf

Andreas Mueller andreas at stapelspeicher.org
Mon Mar 23 03:38:59 CET 2009

Hi List,

Andreas Mueller wrote:
> it would be way better if mplayer would use the audio-id and video-id
> found in the channels.conf because they ought not to change on dvb-s
> afaik. This would give some increase in channel-switch time, where by
> now this takes about 3 to 5 seconds (3 seconds on lowering the "-tsprobe"
> range). This is bad for zapping.
Allright, I've figured out howto, but nevertheless, the demuxer has to
search for the ids and check for their types. So there is no gain as
there is only one id for each stream and mplayer stops at the first one
anyhow.
Any idea how to do this in a better way? xawtv (v4) zaps way faster for
example but has some other bothering bugs.

Thanks,
Andreas.