[MPlayer-users] Mplayer cannot open MMS stream, plays fine in WMP

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:31:04 CET 2009

> I am getting a connection timeout error using that URL.

Yes, that URL is available on from within the university. I'm sorry, I
thought that I mentioned that in the original mail.

> Anyway, as Technion
> provides MMS streams you should try to replace "rtsp://" with "mms://" or
> "mmshttp://" schemes.

Actually, the original link _is_ mms:// and it relies on a
[bug|feature] in WMP to call rtsp:// on failed mms:// links. The
working URL is most defintely the rstp:// address and it works with
other media players such as VLC.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com