[MPlayer-users] TV timeshifting

Jimmy Dansbo jimmy at dmbox.dk
Sun Mar 29 09:32:54 CEST 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  You can use -of mpeg, or any other container which doesn't require an
> index to be generated after the fact (Ogv or MKV perhaps?).

I tried with both the -idx and -of mpeg options on mencoder and then the
-idx option on mplayer. This makes mplayer able to seek a little.
It seems that seeking forward is working fairly well, but seeking backward
does not really work. It more or less just jumps to the first position in
the file.

Can this have something to do with the fact that I am encoding my video in
mpeg4 format and then stuffing it inside a normal mpeg format?

Thanks
Jimmy