[MPlayer-users] dvr-ms incorrect aspect ratio

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:47:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:49:07 +0000 (UTC)
Andrew Wason <rectalogic at rectalogic.com> wrote:

> mplayer seems to play most dvr-ms samples with the wrong aspect ratio
> by default. Forcing "-vc mpeg12" fixes it, so it must be some
> interaction with the default 'ffmpeg2' decoder.

This has been happening all over the place, ever since -vfm ffmpeg was
give the feature of being able to switch resolution on the fly...

Consider yourself lucky...  there were plans to remove libmpeg2 a while
ago...  I wonder how things would have turned out if I had been busier
that week and not reading the list...

You can use ff* by forcing the proper ratio with -vf dsize, or you can
stick with libmpeg2 until someone comes along and writes an option to
disable this...

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!