[MPlayer-users] adapter option with gl2 output on windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 11:17:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:13:58PM -0400, Morris Beverly wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:16:44PM -0400, Morris Beverly wrote:
> >
> >> Using the directx driver, I can use the -adapter option along
> >> with -geometry to put the mplayer window wherever I want, but -adapter
> >> doesn't appear to work with the gl2 driver, and the directx driver will
> >> only display on one adapter at a time.
> >
> > ?? According to the Microsoft documentation, with independent displays only
> > the primary one is handled by the window manager, so I can't see how
> > -adapter would be able to move the window to a different screen.
>
> I thought that that was what the -adapter option was for, but in any
> case I'm still trying to find a way to make the window appear where I
> want in my "desktop space".  The point of all this is that I will have
> projectors hooked up to the different outputs and want to be able to
> show different videos on each projector.
>
> Do you have any suggestions as to how I can place the mplayer window
> where I want with the gl or gl2 driver?

Sorry, but you are completely confusing. You said you are using
independent displays, but now you talk about "desktop space", then you
talk about moving windows to those displays, but the documentation very
clearly says that it is _absolutely_ _impossible_ to move _any_ window
ever on a independent display.
There's no way to help if what you are saying simply makes no sense.