[MPlayer-users] adapter option with gl2 output on windows

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Tue Mar 31 16:15:03 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>> Finally, my ultimate goal is to be able to start 3 different mplayer
>> instances, on monitor number 2, 3 and 4.
>>

> -geometry to tell them where to start (in Window's virtual screen
> coordinates), and -xineramascreen to specify which one to use for
> fullscreen (for that the default is -1, which is the screen it is
> currently on).
> I am not aware of any issues with that, no idea why -geometry did not
> work for you...

Sorry for the poor terminology.  However, this gets back to my initial
problem.  The geometry option does not seem to work as you describe when
using the gl or gl2 drivers, but does when using the directx driver.

Just in case my syntax is a problem, here are two command lines

This one works as expected, starting at the far edge of the first
(1600x1200) monitor, with essentially all the window on the second monitor
mplayer.exe -vo gl2  -geometry 1600:0 filename.avi

This one, with the x coordinate increased to 1610 pixels, displays the
window at 0:0 coordinates on the first monitor, essentially ignoring the
geometry option.
mplayer.exe -vo gl2  -geometry 1610:0 filename.avi

Would you expect that this is a regression of some sort and that an
earlier version may work ( this is r28311 )?  or is it likely a bug in
that particular driver?

In any case, what should I try next to correct this?

thanks,

morris

--

Morris Beverly