[MPlayer-users] Can't build mplayer from svn since March 2009

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat May 2 13:16:38 CEST 2009

On 05/02/2009 06:40 AM, Lyndon Altamirano wrote:

> Is this a known problem? The last known version of mplayer I can
> build is SVN-r28997. I don't know if there are any later versions
> that can be built. But almost daily svn updates have resulted in
> failed builds.
>
> I'm using Debian GNU/Linux AMD64 (Lenny). If this is an unusual case,
> I'll gladly attach a full build log on my next post. For now here's
> the result of ldd on my latest version r28997 build:

Full build log not necessary. You've already provided your configure
line; the next thing to provide would be the final GCC command line from
the 'make' command, and the full text output from that command including
all errors. If that isn't enough, the next thing we would probably need
would be the configure.log.

However, before posting any of that: have you tried running 'make
distclean' and reconfiguring before rebuilding? Every so often that is
necessary in order to successfully recompile. (I consider this
indicative of a less-than-ideal build system setup, but constructing a
perfect one is of course exceedingly difficult.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.