[MPlayer-users] Problem with -ao pcm:file option

Matthew Kwan mkwan at vivatel.com.au
Mon May 18 08:23:41 CEST 2009

>As I said, this only makes the video smooth, it doesn't solve any of the
>other issues.
>Changing ao_data.outburst = 65536; to ao_data.outburst = ao_data.bps / 16
>(and of course moving it below where ao_data.bps is calculated) might work
>better.

After trying numerous options, finally got an acceptable solution using
ao_data.outburst = ao_data.bps / 25, adding fflushes after the fwrites
in ao_pcm.c and vo_yuv4mpeg.c, and using -autosync 10000.

It results in lip-sync problems - audio lags by over a second - but
at least the audio plays smoothly and the video isn't obviously jumpy.

Switching off autosync fixes the lip-sync, but puts small gaps between
the audio. This makes it sounds choppy and it plays very slowly.

Regards,

mkwan