[MPlayer-users] mencoder -lameopts mode=3 with multiple input files only handles first file correctly -- bug?

Julian Mehnle julian at mehnle.net
Tue May 19 12:15:49 CEST 2009

RC wrote:

> On Mon, 18 May 2009 08:18:56 +0000
>
> Julian Mehnle <julian at mehnle.net> wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with audio sample rate conversion using
> > `mencoder -srate` on more than one input file.
>
> Your example command-line and logs does not show the use of -srate at
> all.

Yeah, make that `mencoder -lameopts mode=3`.  When I first drafted my
mail, I was still under the impression that `-srate`, which I was using,
too, was causing the problem.  But then I experimented more and found
that this wasn't the case and that `-lameopts mode=3` actually was the
cause.  I just forgot to update the above line in the body of my message.

Still, I'd consider this a bug.  Why would `mencoder ... -lameopts mode=3`
encode the first input file correctly and screw up audio of subsequent
input files?

-Julian