[MPlayer-users] (no subject)

Andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:18:05 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Phil Rhodes
<phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com> wrote:

>> The mplayer-users list usually requires that you use the latest svn
>> MPlayer.
>
> I hate this attitude.
>
> It is extremely difficult for anyone who isn't a software engineer to "use
> latest SVN". The link to ubuntuforums.org gives a long, highly complex
> sequence of instructions which, and let's not bullshit, almost invariably
> require customisation in the vast majority of circumstances.  Making these
> changes will be beyond anyone who isn't intimately familiar with package
> management, makefiles, GCC, and the C language itself, as well as the
> specifics of all these things as they pertain to mplayer and its
> installation.

Phil you have the wrong end of the stick with my message. I am not a
developer of MPlayer but I wrote that Jaunty Jackalope guide and I quite
enthusiastically answer queries relating to its usage. My only motivation
for directing Zedi to this guide was that I knew if his problem persisted
with the current svn he had more chance of a response from a developer.

All the best,

Andrew