[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync Problems

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu May 21 09:04:46 CEST 2009

> Now I try to figure out the correct parameters for not splitting and
> encoding several streams at once. If anybody has a ready-to-go solution
> I would be glad to read it.

Well, it's not the same, but I got better results when I did the split-up
not by dumping streams but by playing the original file:

mplayer dvd-file.vob -ao pcm:file=audio.wav -vo yuv4mpeg:file=video.yuv

Yes, you can probably do only one audio steam a time like that. And yes,
both the audio and video are unnecessarily re-encoded twice. But sync is
kept when playing, and so the streams did fit for me.

Greets,
Kiste