[MPlayer-users] mplayer GUI in windows platform

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri May 22 16:52:29 CEST 2009

> Now after configure and make, I can launch the mplayer GUI in cygwin but
> I can't launch the mplayer GUI in windows platform by click the generated
> gmplayer.exe. Why, how can I do that?

I've found that by far the easiest way to get something that behaves broadly
like mplayer in windows and has a GUI is simply to use VLC. There are
circumstances where the slightly poorer performance of VLC will make you
reach for mplayer (such as HD quicktime movie trailers in h.264) but it's
the exception rather than the rule.