[MPlayer-users] Question about capturing webcast radio stations

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:03:31 CEST 2009

Yes! I used Alsa default as input.

I have no idea how to record any sounds directly
from the hardware's sfx.
This is a laptop using the SIS-SI7012 chipset,
which incorporates Realtek ALC655 audio hardware.
Alsamixer shows that there are other devices, like
IEC958 and "IEC958 Playback AC97-SPSA"

The possible input devices that Audacity shows in the drop-down
menu are:
SIS-SI7012 MIC ADC hw:0,1
SIS-SI7013 Modem   hw:1,0
default

I have no idea what device is "default"!

I will try gnome-sound-recorder and see
what I can do with it.

Cheers,

JD