[MPlayer-users] Information about rtvc1 (RTVideo)

christian chr1123443 at gmx.de
Wed May 27 18:59:39 CEST 2009

> christian pisze:

>> does anyone know a Player or decoder for the Videostreaming format
>> RTVideo ?
>>
>> The SDP description of the Stream is x-rtvc1. Its a Webcamstream from the
>> Windows Live Messenger 2009.
>>
>> I searched Google for many hours and days, but theres noting about this
>> codec what i can use.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTVideo
> so maybe try with VC-1 codec?
> Any sample?

The VC-1 Decoder is only able to decode the First Packet of the I-Frames in
the stream and i can see the upper part of the video. The I - frames are
split in 3 or more packets. The first Packets of the I-Frames are starting
with a sequence Header. The next packets of the I Frames are strarting with
this header "cc000000" and the last packets of the I Frames are starting
with "dc000000". If i remove all "cc000000" and "dc000000" from the packets.
The VC-1 Decoder is able to decode the whole I Frames. But i it is unable to
decode the SP, P and B frames. The VC-1 Decoder just ignores this Frames and
i have only a video of I Frames with missing motions and a to high
framerate. The I Frames are only 10-20% of the whole Video. I uses this
document to get more information about the Payloads and the Frame Headers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc431494.aspx. rtvc1 is a vc-1 based
codec, but its a little bit modified for real time streaming.

Greetings

Chris