[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:45:22 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>        Hi, unfortunately this is just a workaround, and as you said,
> with side effects. I myself gave up using this... I'm just watching the
> main movie using dvd:// instead of dvdnav://.

I wonder if this is related to a bug with mencoder that I just
remembered (and verified for myself)

Using mencoder -vobsubout -o /dev/null dvd://1, the resulting idx file has:

id: en, index: 1

Doing nothing more than changing dvd -> dvdnav, it always comes out:

id: xx, index: 1

Unfortunately, I wasn't easily able to find, in mencoder, a line
similar to the fix posted in this thread.   But maybe these two
problems together might point to maybe a flaw in how dvdnav is being
used?

mrc