[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:32:40 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:15:43 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> What are those side-effects?

	I don't remember very well now, but it seems the OSD got
compromised using this workaround. Wrong OSD numbers, counting etc.

> I haven't seen enough interest here to make it worth working on
> this instead of something else.

	I will give my oppinion: I think that if you do a software, you
need to have interest in all aspects of it. If there's a bug, it must
be corrected. If you just fix what many people complain, then many bugs
will be unfixed forever...

	Of course, I'm not saying you're responsible for DVDNAV, but if
you at least could look into it, it would be great. If not, then I
can't do nothing, just wait for some developer to be interested in this
bug.

	If I were a developer, I would had corrected this for a long
time ago. Unfortunately I know very little of C and I know nothing
about the internal code of MPlayer...

	Ps: anyway, even if nobody cares about this bug in dvdnav,
let's hope the same bug doesn't appear in "bluraynav".

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity