[MPlayer-users] composite input a/v sync issue

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Thu Nov 5 17:50:08 CET 2009

>> mencoder -fps 25 -ofps 25 -noskip -mc 0 -vf harddup,softskip tv:// -tv
>> input=1:driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:normid=3:input=1:alsa:adevice=hw.0:audiorate=48000:amode=1:width=768:height=576
>> -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:autoaspect:vbitrate=8000 -oac mp3lame
>> -srate 48000 -lameopts cbr:preset=standard -endpos 100  -o VHS155_`date
>> +%H%M%S`.avi
>>

> While I do not know if it can even work without, -fps 25 tells
> MPlayer/mencoder to assume that there are always exactly 25 frames per
> second. If the capture card loses sync during the bad sections and does
> not produce any frames that is of course not going to work out at all.

Thanks for trying to help. 25 frames per second is the PAL standard,
it's by the book and by the google that anyone, as far as I had searched
earlier, capturing PAL VHS on composite input do (some even recommend
-fps 50)...
I guess the Windoze also have 25 fps assembled in the program that
captures composite...
What command do you use for capturing VHS on composite/S-Video input of
your card?