[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS + H264 (again)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 6 17:26:53 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 01:23:07PM +0100, Colin Rosenthal wrote:
> I see some old discussions about adding PMT information to channels.conf
> but I admit to being slightly confused:
> i) Is our channels.conf even formatted correctly?
> ii) Are we talking about adding the program _number_ (ie the argument to
> tsprog) or the PID of the PMT stream?
> iii) ... but channels.conf already contains the program numbers. e.g. in
> DR
> Ramasjang:658000:I999B8C23D23M64T8G4Y0:T:27500:2061:0:2031:0:2005:8400:1002:0
> 2005 is the program number (the PID of the PMT is 2050).

You need to add the PID of the PMT somewhere yes, that seems to be what
causes the issues.
However I thought (no idea why) that newer versions of the DVB capture tools
have been fixed to always include the PMT, since without it is (in
general) not possible to the captured stream, making it quite useless.
If disk space and bandwidth isn't an issue I'd just add 8192 to just
capture all channels on the given frequency (no idea if that works
for the DVB tools, it certainly does with MPlayer).